Each year, nominations will open on April 15th for the Trans 100 Benefice Awards.
The Benefice Awards will recognize the work of Cis persons who place themselves and their livelihoods at risk to defend, enlighten, educate, explore, and otherwise serve Trans people and Trans communities in the previous year.
Each year, 25 people will be selected via curation from all nominations received for recognition and highlighting. They will be presented at the Vanguard Event, held August 1st of each year, beginning in 2017.
From Doctors and Lawyers to social workers and outspoken advocates and jouralists, the purpose here is to recongize those who are actively helping us.
– Nominees must have been living and working to improve the lives of trans people for at least six months of the prior year.
– Nominees can be working at any scale, locally, regionally, or nationally.
– We would like to see all parts of the country represented.
– We particularly encourage the addition of the otherwise unsung or only locally known workers.
– We particularly encourage the addition of persons of color.
– Nominees must identify as cis.
– Nominations must include a means of contacting them.
– Organizations are eligible, provided the organization is entirely run by trans persons.
This is not an Award. The goal is to recognize outstanding members for the Work itself, and it is the work they do that is considered before anything else.